Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Blogger Reflection Award

Stephen Parrish has tagged me, among others, to receive this reflection award. He refers to me as the best activist and provocateur.

I've never been called either -- at least to my face and I love it! So, thank you Stephen.

Now, because I am a total nerd, I had to look into the origin of the award and here it is... the irony that a group of (relatively) left wingers, and (at least mostly) non-Christian group of bloggers has been given this award is hilarious. (Yes, I do have a weird sense of humour, but you've gotta read why this award was created.)


The Blogger Reflection Award was created by a 16-year-old homeschooler (of course, it would be a homeschooler, but don't get me started) named Jocelyn because The Thinking Blogger Award was hosted by a site that posted "secular" and "ungodly" ideas. (Why is it that Christians are so afraid of thought? Don't answer that; it's rhetorical. But I digress.)

In Jocelyn's own words here's her blurb on her award: "As for my award, it is called The Blogger Reflection Award. Why? The reason for the title is because this award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy... of knowing them and being blessed by them."

However, I will not let this dampen my appreciation at receiving this award in the spirit (not Spirit) it was intended! So, here I tag five blogs that give me cause for reflection.

1) Stephen Parrish: Back at you Steve! Since there are no rules that say I can't pass the torch back to you, I do so. I love that you are fearless and have a healthy desire to stir things up.

2) Anne Mini: Who gives so much good advice to all us new writers, helping us navigate a system that we'd never otherwise manage.
3) Gail Lethbridge: Who makes me laugh whenever I check her blog. She's funny, irreverent, and she didn't trash Toronto when she visited.
4) John Kauffman: Who shares his life and his concern over U.S. policies with such heartfelt angst that I learn humility and compassion from him.
5) Becca: This is an honorary blogger award because she doesn't operate her blog anymore. (However, she does participate in the blogger community -- I'm sure her boss is delighted!)Becca is the single-most supportive person I've ever come across. She is a wonderful best friend helping me though the dark days of writing, relationships and parenting. I only hope I do the same for her.
Thanks to all of you who make my days better ones -- even though you may not know it.
Colleen
P.S. For my honorees, I neglected to mention that your task, should you accept, is to tag five others with the award. Remember these have to be blogs that make you reflect.
P.P.S. If anyone knows how I can get rid of strange spacing problems every time I post a photo or link, please let me know.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

MAny thanks for the reflection award.
And good luck with your writing.
I was out with Donna last night. She's a lovely and very generous person.

Unknown said...

Aww, you made me cry -- when I wasn't laughing my ASS off at you and your efforts being called "Godly"...the complete atheist has them all completely bamboozled!!!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy the award even more now that I know its origins. Thanks for the information.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I almost forgot. That line spacing problem is easy to solve, but you have to do it in html. Next time I post I'll look to see what I do to fix it (I can't explain it without looking at it) and let you know. It's just a matter of removing certain annoying expressions.

Anonymous said...

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!

I'm flattered. I didn't think I had anything in me worthy of teaching to anyone over the age of 10. And at the rate my daughter is soaking up knowledge and wisdom, I may soon have to revise my estimate downward. I only hope I have the strength of character to teach my kids to be good world citizens.

Blogs like yours, and people like yourself make the task easier.

Colleen said...

GT: You're welcome. And yes, Donna is terrific. CG

Colleen said...

Becca: Something tells me if SP knew this was for Godly behaviour, he'd have sent it to every occult blog he could find. :-) C

Colleen said...

SP:

Yeah, isn't it great? I love the idea that our blog community --if I can refer to us as such -- has been so acknowledged. If the creator of the award wasn't so young, I'd have to let her know. The Devil'd make me do it!

CG
(I was just writing something about Flip Wilson yesterday!)

Colleen said...

JK
Well, now you know differently!

CG

Colleen said...

SP

About the spacing... thanks.
Colleen